The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine in New York City works closely with local athletes who are looking for advice on the best gear and accessories for a variety of sports. We believe that most foot and ankle injuries are caused by inadequate footwear, so we go the extra mile to counsel patients on shoe fit, selection, and replacement.
There are so many shoe choices out there, it can be hard to know what’s best. We help you answer the tough questions, such as:
- How do you know when your running shoes are too old?
- How do you choose the right shoes for pronation or supination?
- Is there such a thing as comfortable heels?
- What factors should you consider in winter boot selection?
- Are Skechers’ “relaxed fit” shoes helpful or all hype?
- Are flip-flops really dangerous for my body?
- What are the latest shoe trends?
- How do I determine my proper shoe size?
- How can I make my shoes last longer?
- What are the best shoes for plantar fasciitis?
- What are the best shoes for diabetics?
Get more info on footwear selection here
The right socks go a long way in preventing blisters, calluses, corns, ulcers, and fungal infections. These days, there are many high-performance socks made of new materials coming out all the time, so it can be confusing to know what to buy. Our experts will break it all down for you.
- Which socks should I buy for every day wear?
- What socks should you wear for a marathon?
- What socks should you wear for hiking?
- What socks should you wear for diabetes care?
- Are there socks that help prevent blisters?
- Are there special socks for corns sufferers?
- How do I determine proper fit, material, and cushioning for my socks?
Orthotics for Foot and Ankle Pain
Our computerized orthotics scanning machines in our Manhattan and White Plains facilities take a custom mold of your feet to create comfortable insoles unique to you. These shoe inserts will fit most any shoe you own for improved comfort and pain reduction. Patients with heel and arch pain respond especially well to custom orthotics. Please visit our blog for a wealth of information on the benefits and uses of orthotics for the treatment of foot pain or injury.
Immobilization: Braces, Wraps, Crutches & Walking Boots
Sprained an ankle? Broke your foot? You want to know you’re using the latest and greatest technology to immobilize your injury, heal faster, and get around easier. From the CAM Walker Boot to the Hands-Free Crutch, we can help you decide what to buy and find it locally.
Sports Equipment To Prevent Injury
While we don’t sell sports equipment, our experienced sports medicine doctors are up-to-date on the latest cleats, protective padding, wraps, socks, compression garments, and shoe inserts on the market. We are happy to discuss the various options available to help our patients make the right choice.